Passion for research and development
Combined with flexible Open Source solutions
The people who work for ingNET team cooperate since many years with the most important Sicilian and Italian R&D institutes, such as the University of Catania and some big ICT Italian and foreign ICT companies. In our team we can rely on the professionalism of our specialised partners in the following fields:
- Information Technology engineering
- Telematic engineering
- Electronic engineering
- Telecommunications engineering
- Mechanical engineering
The know-how acquired by our partners during our experience allows us to design and fulfil custom hardware and software platforms with remote control access for Public Administration, industries and service sector; our experience enables us to integrate some commercial pre-existing solutions with Open Source solutions made and tested by the most important Universities of the world.
Our team has recently developed some ad hoc solutions and designs, currently operating in the following branches:
- video surveillance and remote control of the territory or of the company;
- geo-localised in mobility video surveillance system (to support the authorities in charge for emergency management);
- advanced data security;
- multi-zone routing and firewalling systems;
- redundant internet connection systems;
- I/O IP data acquisition systems designed on custom hardware.
Why integrate Open Source solutions?
Nowadays, the several solutions and scientific hardware and software proposals of using Open Source are synonym of:
- Quality: many public institutions, organisations, foundations and international universities daily contribute to the evolution of Open Source systems. The development of these systems is not due to market reasoning: the only target is quality.
- Security: many rigorous controls and developments during the years have made Open Source systems the undisputed reference point in IT security field.
- Low cost: one of the features of Open Source systems is to generally release free of charge licenses and updating: the only charge is linked to installation, personalisation, administration and maintenance of these systems. Open Source systems are considered to be 40% cheaper than closed source systems.
- Flexibility, scalability and customisation the nature of Open Source systems allows several customisations of our platforms: this would be impossible to do with closed source systems. The use of “open standards” also allows the cooperation with many third parties' software and hardware, with no restrictions.